Frequently Asked Questions
About Gateway Rules
In addition, a satellite Georgia Department of Labor Career Center is located at the Gateway Center 3 days per week (schedule here).
- Breakfast, served 5:30 – 6:30am, and
- Dinner, served 6:00 – 7:00pm
In addition, we provide lunch meals to certain program clients per contract specifications.
From time to time local faith groups and community agencies may offer meals through the Gateway Center. In this event, all residential and non-residential clients are invited to take part on a first come, first serve basis.
In addition, we can make a referral to partner agencies that provide MARTA transportation assistance for individuals who have recently obtained employment.
We do not currently provide gas cards.
Exceptions may be made at our discretion under emergency circumstances.
- Lockers in the CEC are available for non-residential clients for up to 60 days at a time
- A picture ID is required to obtain a locker
- Clients must also provide their own lock
- A key must be provided to Gateway staff that opens any assigned locker
- Lockers are assigned on a first come first served basis
- No extensions are granted for lockers
- Food and weapons are not to be stored in lockers
- Individuals must wait for 6 months between locker usages
For locker sign-up schedule, click here.
About Gateway Services
It is important to note that our facility itself does not provide any permanent housing as our residential programs allow only for temporary stays ranging from 2 weeks to 2 years depending on the program.
It is important to note that our facility itself does not provide any permanent housing.
However, women and children can no longer stay at GWC in our residential programs. GWC works closely with the City of Refuge women’s center in order to get women & children access to the programs, shelter and care they need. Only in extreme weather and temperatures below freezing do we have the capacity to safely open our 1st floor for emergency shelter to all. See more details under “Programs & Services.“