Group Volunteer Policies and Protocols
To ensure safety of our clients and to provide guidance for our volunteers choosing to partner with Gateway Center; each volunteer or volunteer group is expected to adhere to the following policies and protocols.
• Children 6 and older may volunteer with adults.
• All volunteers must attend a volunteer orientation session before beginning their group activity.
• Be dependable and punctual. If you are unable to fulfill your commitment, please contact the Volunteer Services Department as soon as possible, minimally 48 hours ahead of your scheduled time commitment. Our staff and clients depend on our volunteers. You should call 404 215 6651 first and then call 404 215 6615 to contact a staff member.
• Check in at the front desk when you arrive for your volunteer assignment, sign the volunteer notebook and wear your ID badge (if applicable). The center needs to be aware that you have arrived, and it is important that staff and other volunteers can easily identify volunteers. We track the number of volunteer service hours, so signing in and out is very important.
• Honor the program schedule by not exceeding allotted time for volunteer activity, unless otherwise approved by the Community Relations Director. Other classes and activities on the schedule will be impacted by your compliance to your designated time.
• Both men and women must dress in modest attire (i.e., knee-length shorts/skirt, no tank tops, etc.) Please do not bring book bags, large purses, heavy jackets, or any item you cannot tote while at the center. All large items should be tucked away in a trunk or left at home. Tennis shoes and closed toed shoe wear is preferred.
• We respect the dignity of our clients. Never give a client money. If you would like to make a donation or organize a fundraiser to benefit Gateway Center, visit our website at http://www.gatewayctr.org or contact a resource development staff member at (404) 215-6609 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.