This year Gateway Center celebrated 12 years of providing vital services to those experiencing homelessness. In the last five years, in partnership with the Atlanta community, we have helped our city dramatically reduced the population of unsheltered homeless by 65%! The life-changing services Gateway Center provides would not be possible without the generosity and support of people like you.
I am happy to report that in 2017, Gateway served over 6,000 vulnerable adults who were homeless; 1,000 of who were enrolled in our residential programs.
- 57% of clients served in our residential programs were Veterans;
- 84% of clients served in our residential programs had a disabling condition; and
- 36% of clients served in our residential programs had been chronically homeless.
Based on the most recent Point-In-Time Count, there are still over 3,500 individuals in the City of Atlanta who are experiencing homelessness. I am reaching out to you today to ask for your help, so we can close out the year in the strongest position. Here’s what your gift will provide:
- $10 provides one client access to basic needs such as food, shower, and clothing
- $25 provides one client with a 7-Day MARTA pass to get to a job, employment training, housing resources, and other critical appointments
- $45 supports our ability to provide daily lodging paired resources including intensive evidence based case management services
- $75 supports our outreach efforts to encampments
- $100 provides ten backpacks that clients can use to store personal belongings and that are fully outfitted with hygiene kits and toiletries
Every gift is critical because it offers immediate relief for someone struggling with homelessness. Your gift also has an immeasurable lifelong impact.
Thanks to you, Gateway Center is able to develop a way home for people in need. Together we are making homelessness rare, brief and non-recurring in Atlanta!
Thank you in advance for your support.
Raphael Holloway, LPC
CEO, Gateway Center